Radiesse Dermal Filler in Los Angeles
Santa Monica, West Hollywood, Manhattan Beach, Sherman Oaks
Call to schedule your complimentary consultation.* (888) 993-7527
What is Radiesse?
Similar to a substance found naturally in the body, Radiesse is a biocompatible, water-based gel suspension of calcium hydroxylapatite that plumps up wrinkles and restores facial volume. The calcium hydroxylapatite in Radiesse is a synthetic form of the same material naturally occurring in your bones. Once injected, Radiesse will generate the body’s natural ability to produce collagen, providing the skin with a youthful glow. Plentiful in youthful skin, collagen exists in the dermis as connective tissue, and is what gives young skin its lively, supple look. During the aging process, existing collagen fibers break down, and the skin’s ability to make more collagen is diminished. When the Radiesse is eventually processed out of your body, the supportive collagen remains.
Where is Radiesse used?
Typical treatment areas for Radiesse are:
- Nasolabial folds: Also known as “smile lines,” these creases extend from your nose to the corners of your mouth. Marionette lines: These creases extend downward from your mouth.
- Chin wrinkles: The lines extending horizontally across your chin.
- Chin and cheek augmentation: Radiesse acts as a volume implant when aging causes your cheeks and the sides of your chin to look sunken.
- Corners of the mouth: With age, the corners of your mouth may begin to droop downward. Radiesse restores a perky, youthful mouth contour.
- Reshaping the nose: Divots, bends, bumps and flat nasal bridges are areas of the nose that can be improved with Radiesse.
- Aging hands: Your hands begin to lose volume as you age, leading to wrinkled, crepe-paper skin. Tendons, bones and veins are more apparent. Radiesse for hands restores youthful, smooth skin.
Youthful, radiant skin.
The benefits of Radiesse are immediately noticeable. The skin will be lifted and smoothed, with improved shape and volume. In the coming weeks, as Radiesse encourages the body’s production of Collagen, s the appearance will continue to improve. The benefits from Radiesse generally last between 18-24 months. To maintain a youthful appearance, a repeat treatment can be performed as the results begin to fade.