Achieve softer smoother skin and look red carpet ready with our quick and easy Laser Skin Rejuvenation.
- Gives skin a glowing, youthful appearance
- Improves overall skin tone
- Shrinks pore size
- Reduction in appearance of fine lines and acne scars
- Treats melasma, hyperpigmentation, and acne
- Gentle treatment that can be performed over and over
- Results seen in as little as 1 treatment
How it Works
Spectra LASER Carbon Peel is a no-downtime procedure that helps rejuvenate the appearance of aging, damaged skin. This gentle procedure is safe on most skin types and is a great way to get a quick skin refresher without the longer downtime associated with other laser procedures. It evens skin tone, reducing appearance of pigment, fine lines and acne scars, your skin will feel and look younger. The treatment can be performed alone, but works best when you have several treatments over a period of time.
- We recommend repeating the treatment a total of 6-10 times every 2 weeks to achieve optimal results.
- Spectra laser treatments are virtually painless. If any, minimal discomfort is felt, with sensations of light heat and a small tingle over the skin’s surface. Topical anesthetic is available for those who would like.
- Minimal rules to follow: SPF is to be worn post treatment, and limit sun exposure.
What to Expect
Your clinic manager and an esthetician or RN will walk you through what the treatment entails. A carbon peel mask is applied to your face before the procedure and then is removed by laser after several passes are done. This allows the laser to treat deep into the dermal layer of the skin to stimulate collagen production.
- You must stop the use of any acids ( Glycolic, AHA, LHA) & Retin A creams including Hydroquinone 5 days prior to your treatment, and discontinue use 5 days after your treatment.
- Accutane patients must have stopped treatment 6 months or more prior to treatments.
- Arrive makeup free, If you are unable to, we provide face wash and towels prior to the treatment to freshen up.
- How many laser treatments will I need?
The number of required treatments varies from person to person depending on the severity of your skin and what you are trying to achieve. While you will see a difference in the skin’s appearance after just one treatment, it may take longer to remove deep tissue discoloration, severe acne scarring or hyperpigmentation.
How long do treatments take?
You can expect your entire procedure to take about 30 minutes from start to finish. Additional time may be needed depending on the size of the area being treated but should last no more than 45 minutes.
Will I experience any Side Effects?
Some patients may experience a temporary breakout. Patients with specific skin discoloration such as melasma should be evaluated by our experts to determine if the laser skin rejuvenation is the right procedure for them.
How do I prepare for a laser hair removal session?
- Avoid tanning or excessive sun exposure for two weeks prior to your appointment.
- Remove all makeup, lotion, and other products from the area.
What do I need to do after my appointment?
- Minimize strenuous activities.
- If necessary, apply an ice pack or cold compress to the treated area on and off.
- Avoid sun exposure and tanning beds.
- Use sunscreen throughout your treatment process.